**Effective November 13th, 2019, our Patient Portal cannot be accessed via the Internet Explorer website browser. To access the portal, please use one of the following browsers:
Using your own secure password, you can log in to the online patient portal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with a computer, tablet, or mobile phone. We offer the online patient portal to help you save time, avoid playing phone tag with your doctor, and to allow you to play a bigger role in the health care services we provide.
Utilizing for the patient portal allows you to:
- Message Your Doctor: The patient portal allows our patients to safely and securely message their doctor. Whether you have a question about your surgery that is scheduled for next week or you forgot what type of brace they recommended for your wrist during your appointment, OAA physicians try their best to respond to patient messages ASAP.
- Request Prescription Refills: Believe it or not, requesting a prescription refill online through the patient portal eliminates a necessary step that occurs when you call to request a refill. Oftentimes, patients are able to get their prescription sooner by utilizing the patient portal for prescription refills.
- View and Request Appointments: Patients have the ability to schedule or reschedule appointments via the patient portal. By using the portal, you are not limited to our business hours, and you will not have to wait on hold for the next available telephone receptionist.
- View Personal Health Information: After registering for the patient portal, patients will have the ability to view and download care summaries for all appointments with OAA medical providers.
- View Billing Statements and Balances: Logging into the patient portal allows patients to see up-to-date statements and balances. It also enables patients to make secure credit card payments online.
- Request Medical Records: Similar to requesting prescription refills, the patient portal enables patients to request medical records in a more timely fashion. When requesting medical records through the patient portal, there is no need for a signed release from the patient.
- Disability Forms: Requesting a disability form through the patient portal allows patients to not only request the form online, but also allows the patient to pay for the disability form online through the patient portal. This is much more convenient than traditional methods of requesting disability forms.
We hope that you find the patient portal to be a useful extension of the quality and convenient care you receive in our offices at OAA.
Having trouble registering for the patient portal? View these detailed instructions:
Register from the Patient Portal Homepage
Register Using an Email Invitation Sent from OAA
Still having trouble? Contact us and we will try our best to assist you.