Spine Center of Excellence
OAA's team of internationally recognized, fellowship-trained spine and scoliosis surgeons, physiatrists, physicians, and clinical staff provide state-of-the-art treatments for patients suffering from all types of spinal conditions. The Spine Center of Excellence team offers personalized, compassionate care and services for spinal injuries, diseases, degenerative conditions, deformities, fractures, and tumors using a wide array of surgical and non-surgical procedures. OAA is proud of the reputation that the Spine Center of Excellence has achieved. They have truly made a positive impact on the lives of their patients.
Here are some of the notable achievements of OAA's Spine Center of Excellence
- First in the region to successfully perform lumbar and cervical disc replacement surgery!
- Leaders in the use of cutting-edge surgical techniques, such as Extreme Lateral Interbody Fusion (XLIF) and X-Stop Interpinous Process Decompression (IPD).
- Actively involved in medical research and clinical trials (Prestige LP Two-Level Cervical Disc and Secure-C Cervical Disc). In addition, OAA surgeons and physicians share their knowledge and expertise with colleagues and other medical professionals through seminars, lectures, papers, presentations, etc.
- Participants in programs which collect aggregate patient data on spine surgical outcomes, such as CARES and Spine Care DataLine, created to improve the effectiveness of modern spine surgery for patients.
- OAA's Spine team are true humanitarians, as evidenced by "Operation Straight Spine" - a charitable mission project headed by Dr. Jeffrey McConnell and former UK colleague Dr. Ujjwal Debath, which provides spinal disease and deformity treatment for the poor and underserved in India.